October 20, 2019
Staying Pain free During the Winter Months
The winter months can be notorious when it comes to increased joint pain, stiffness and all-around mobility challenges. And while there are a number of reasons for why this particular time of year is so especially hard on our knees, hips and back and other joints, a great deal of it has to do with the decreased activity levels among those who choose not to play in the bitter cold. The less we use our joints, the more inclined they become to stiffness and inflammation.
There’s no excuse needed to get out and enjoy the fresh air during the summer months, and as a result, many common pains and aches seem to subside. Come winter, though, it can take a lot of pep talks just to get out and run the essential errands. Here are a few things you can do to stay more active and pain-free during the chilly Western NY winters.
- Find an indoor physical activity that you truly enjoy, look forward to doing it!
- Keep a daily activity log or step tracker to ensure that you’re remaining active
- Have a chiropractic exam to address any obvious or underlying misalignments
- Take the stairs instead elevators or escalators, or park farther from store entrances
- Make sure that your orthotic support can sustain your increased activity levels
- Get committed to stretching and exercising at the same times every day
Learn More About Eliminating Pain in Rochester
As one of the most popular, well-established and trusted Rochester NY chiropractic doctors, Dr. Nate Riddle uses a diverse mix of both traditional and innovative pain treatments to help reduce discomfort and increase your ability to stay more active. To learn more about minimizing winter aches and pains, or any of the effective treatments offered here at Riddle Wellness, get in touch and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.